Carol AI Bike
What is the Carol AI Bike?
The CAROL (CARdiovascular Optimization Logic) bike is an Artificial Intelligence-powered smart stationary bike that promises to deliver the benefits of a 45-minute run in less than a minute. Its primary workout protocol consists of three weekly rides, each of which lasts less than nine minutes and requires just 40 seconds of hard effort.
How Does the Carol AI Bike Work?
Developed by scientists, the CAROL bike uses a relatively new exercise method called reduced exertion high intensity training (REHIT).
You may already be familiar with high intensity interval training (HIIT) — a popular workout method that involves short but intense bursts of exercise, followed by a recovery period.
REHIT is similar to HIIT, just with fewer and shorter intervals.
The goal of REHIT is to quickly deplete muscle glycogen stores — the body’s preferred fuel source — as rapid depletions of muscle glycogen have been linked to several benefits, such as improved aerobic fitness and insulin sensitivity (1 Trusted Source).
Benefits of Carol AI Bike
- NIncredibly short workout duration — 8 minutes with only 40 seconds of high intensity exercise
- NReduces triglycerides while increasing HDL cholesterol
- NExcellent modality for lowering blood pressure and reducing heart disease
- NAchieves superior cardiorespiratory fitness (i.e. VO2 max) and cardiometabolic health when compared to traditional medium intensity cardio workouts
- NLowers blood sugar
- NRapid glycogen depletion activates survival pathways which stimulates mitochondrial development
- NMonitors and tracks your data in real time as well as your progress over time.
- NEffective for body fat loss and reduction in waist circumference
- NSignificantly more effective at lowering cardiometabolic disease risk when compared to conventional exercise
Carol AI Bike FAQs
I have a medical condition. Can I use CAROL Bike?
- Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
- Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
- In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
- Do you lose your balance because of dizziness, or do you ever lose consciousness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem (for example, back, knee or hip) that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs (for example, water pills) for your blood pressure or heart condition?
- Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
What does the AI do?
A. CAROL Bike uses AI to personalize your workouts, which helps you reach your fitness goals more quickly. CAROL’s AI is able to calculate the precise resistance that will push you to your personal limits, but never going over. Over time, CAROL’s AI continues to adapt as your fitness improves, so you’re always working to your maximum potential.
What are the key features of CAROL Bike?
A. CAROL is the smartest, most effective exercise bike—with workouts backed by science. CAROL Bike learns to push you to your limit. With AI-personalization that instantly applies your optimal resistance. And a range of workouts scientifically-proven to be the shortest, most effective possible.
Is CAROL Bike good for beginners?
A. CAROL Bike is for all exercise levels based on adaptive AI technology. The bike will push you based on your current fitness level, so you can get the most out of the workout. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked out, haven’t worked out in 2 years, or workout every day. The bike will adapt to your level and push you to your max. The bike will continue to learn and ensure you are always getting a good workout.
Is CAROL Bike safe?
A. Yes, CAROL Bike is designed to make it completely safe for you to achieve optimal fitness at home. Here’s how:
- CAROL Bike comes with built-in safety algorithms, as well as a heart rate monitor, that will warn you — or even abort a ride — if anything abnormal is detected with your heart rate.
- CAROL’s workouts have been carefully designed and tested to give you enough time to recover.
- CAROL Bike is a commercial-grade bike that is strong enough to withstand high impact, and the freewheel clutch lets you safely perform explosive sprints.
Why is the bike called CAROL?
A. CAROL stands for Cardiovascular Optimization Logic – your method to optimize and personalize cardio workouts, to make every moment mean more.
Can anyone ride CAROL Bike?
A. To ensure your safety, the rider requirements are:
- Height: 4’7″ – 6’7″ / 140 cm – 200 cm
- Max weight: 330 lbs / 150 kg